Thursday, September 24, 2009

Part One: England - On our way!

Part I - England
Monday 15th Left Christchurch New Zealand at 3.55 p.m., arrived in Sydney at 5.15, a pleasant 18°. I was screened for explosives – need to learn NOT to look at security staff!
Tuesday 16th Arrived 40 minutes late due to headwinds in Bangkok, 27°; Dubai was even hotter, 32°; arrived in Gatwick 12.25.
I was pleased to be allowed to use the phone at the information desk to let my uncle and aunt know which bus we were catching as I didn’t have any small change for the pay phone outside, although I was prepared to go to the Forex.
There was no sign of Uncle Norman and Aunty Mary at the bus stop in Oxford, so I went to the public phone after changing some money with a kindly bus conductor. Of course, there was no answer, they'd already arrived!
After a cuppa, we went on a long walk in the water meadows with Varga, their Norwegian Elkhound, now 8 years old.
Bruce went to bed early, but I couldn't resist the chance of playing chamber music with one of Uncle Norman’s quartet groups - we tried out a Schumann Piano Quintet! I had a nice chat with the group over supper at 10 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment